Yup, it’s March 4th. I feel like my fridge should be filled with microgreens, eggs, asparagus, rhubarb and strawberries, but what is sitting at the bottom of my crisper instead? Pumpkin muffins topped with homemade cream cheese icing.
Not mad about it because they’re delicious. If you feel like reverting back to fall with me for a hot sec, I put the recipe below. Totally worth it. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese of choice (dairy-free works too)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- Pre heat oven to 350 F. Spray/grease a cupcake tray
- In a high-speed blender, blend the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and coconut sugar until mixed well
- Add in pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Remove blade if possible, or transfer to a mixing bowl and add in the raisins and chocolate chips
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake baking tray. Divide evenly among 12 cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Tops should be golden brown. Can use ye old toothpick coming out clean trick to make sure they are cooked throughout.
For the icing:
- Mix softened cream cheese in a large bowl with the honey and melted coconut oil. Cream cheese should be at room temp to make sure the coconut oil doesn’t immediately solidify when mixed.
- Wait until muffins are completely cooled to ice. & I topped mine with pepitas!