Idk if it was the sun, warm weather, flowers showing up downtown or what, but peaches in a cold yogurt bowl felt right. This is one of my favorite homemade granola recipes because it’s simple and actually yields big chunks. I like when granola is chunky like Purely Elizabeth and not just a bag of little toasted oat crumbs.
When combined with peach yogurt, actual peaches, and honey.. so good. The granola recipe is found below, and you can make tweaks with what you include in the actual bowl itself! Enjoy.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. In The Raw monk fruit (or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup creamy almond/peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 container of yogurt (I chose Siggi’s peach!)
- 1/2 cup peaches
- Drizzle of honey
- Preheat oven to 350F, lightly grease a cookie sheet
- In a large bowl, mix the rolled oats, cinnamon, monk fruit, pepitas, and raisins
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the nut butter, honey, vanilla and coconut oil until melted. Make sure not to burn! Less heating is better.
- Mix well and pour into oat bowl. Mix well until all oats fully coated
- Press into prepared cookie sheet. Should be compact, and about 1/2 thick. It’s okay if it doesn’t fill the whole sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Once it starts to brown on the edges or you smell a toasted smell, take out. If it burns, it’ll have a burnt aftertaste
- To test if it’s done, crumble off a piece with a fork, place on a cool surface, and if it hardens, it’s done! If not, bake for another couple minutes.
- Once done, place in fridge or freezer to cool. Break apart and crumble with your hands once it is fully cooled
- In a small bowl, empty yogurt of choice, top with granola, sliced peaches, and drizzle of honey. Enjoy!