I’m in charge of desserts for easter, so along with some type of carrot cake and easter egg nests, I made these lemon bars to bring home to the fam.
The crust was adapted from Erin Lives Whole’s pecan pie bars, and the filling was adapted from Ambitious Kitchen’s lemon bars. I tried a couple different recipes, but these were my favorite so far. Whatever you celebrate, I hope you have a nice + relaxing time with friends and family.
- 1.5 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 3-4 lemons)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Powdered sugar to top
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8×8″ pan
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla (use yo hands and get messy, its easier i promise)
- Press crust into prepared pan. Bake for 13 minutes
- While it’s baking, blend lemon juice, honey, eggs, coconut flour, and lemon zest until smooth
- When crust is done, let cool for a couple minutes
- Pour lemon filling over crust, and bake for 20 min. It shouldn’t jiggle if done
- Let cool in fridge. Top with powdered sugar and enjoy!!